Sunday, December 29, 2013

Conservative Dance wear. . . why it exists

Conservative dance wear 

What is it and why does it exist?



Simply put, as the first three words state, it's dance wear that covers more, not less.  The same purpose is served, comfortable, breathable dance wear.  Yet it is so difficult to find in any dance store or online  Why is this?  At what point did less clothing on a child become appropriate?

What would Lucille Ball say about today's society in regards to the lack of conservative values?  I remember a specific episode where we, the audience, got a view of Lucy' and Desi' bedroom.  Two single size beds!  They were married and had a toddler.

Why is every commercial and every magazine ad telling us that it's okay to show skin?  Don't get me wrong, I wear two piece bathing suits and I am almost 50 years old.  But I digress, I want to talk about children's dance wear.  So let's get to it.

Let's face it.  Not everyone wants their daughter strutting in and out of a studio wearing skin tight skimpy attire.  Have you gone into a dance wear store lately?  Shopped online?  Not only is almost everything way too short it's also boring.  "Booty shorts" really?!

Our daughter has been dancing off and on since the age of 3 and has just recently reached the ripe old age of 12.  Over the years I have watched the dance wear, the recital costumes and the competition costumes become, well, sexy.  Frankly, I don't approve!  I think it's ridiculous, appalling and degrading.  That's just my opinion.  I don't judge.  It's not my business what parent's allow their daughter's to wear or not to wear.  My business is to provide an alternative.

So alas, a thought turned into an idea.  An idea turned into a search.  A search turned into a passion.  And finally, a passion turned into a business.

My prior experience as an entrepreneur, my passion for fashion and my desire to cover my daughter has lead to All About Attitude Dancewear.  This is a place where you too can design your own dance wear.  You choose the pattern, the colors and the style.  I make it happen!  It's sew simple : ).  In addition to offering choices, the business has expanded to all areas of dance wear needs.  Shoes, accessories, bags.  You name it, if it's dance, I've got it or can get it.

No frills.  I've watched the trends come and go.  Ruffles, fringe, blah, blah, blah.  At the end of the day all of that becomes passe' and a waste of money.  So, I stick to the basics.  A few simple styles, that's it.  My dance wear is timeless and thus they can be passed down, given away or sold.

The best part of what I do though is being apart of making a difference.  When a child is invested in choice they are empowered.  When a child walks in confident because they are comfortable in what they are wearing, face it, they feel good or even great!  When you look good, you feel good.  When you feel good you perform better.  And believe me, everyone notices!

Moral of the story, Be Unique! Be You! Express yourself with style & flair!

Visit All About Attitude Dancewear today and view the endless possibilities.  What are you waiting for?

Be sure to "Like" us on Facebook and be in the loop for "Enter to Win" contest, Flash sales, new products, etc.

www.AllAboutAttitudeDancewear.com







No comments:

Post a Comment